Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Heartless Scavenger..

That day, when I was sleeping and dreaming about my prince charming (hikhik..), suddenly I heard a very familiar voice..

“It’s really hot nowadays, I’m sweating although staying at home, maybe we should buy an air-conditioner to cool down don’t you think?”

“Better not start that topic, not that my salary is enough to pay for that..”

“Why? What happen?”

“I don’t think I’ll remain as the hotels’ driver anymore..What makes me more disappointed was that even my boss didn’t inform me anything about that.”

Huh? What? I wake up from my sleep and keep on listening to my parent’s conversation.

“So that means your salary will be less than before?”

“Ya, luckily I found out earlier or else I’ll be really mad and went to the office to meet my boss asking what really happened. That’s why we need to wisely spend our money”

My father works as a waiter at Somerset Hotel in Miri. Hm, actually he is a waiter+ cashier + room service+ driver all-in-one. What does that job called then? Weird. My father works according to shift, sometimes early in the morning & sometimes in the afternoon from 3pm till late night. And every night he was responsible to send workers home, from Lambir area up until Senadin area. Imagine being exhausted working during daytime, and sending people home at night. Papa was a really strong fighter.

He was working happily there, but there’s just one thing that is wrong at the hotel. Especially the manager. She was famous for harvesting other people’s hard work directly into her pocket and cruelly only left bits of it for her workers. Previously she flawlessly swallowed worker’s EPF money. In the pay slip, it was stated that the EPF money has enter the KWSP account. Are you sure? Does the money enter the right place? Maybe she can fool certain people, but not my father and his other colleague. But this matter has been left flowing into the drain for long. Same problem happens when it comes to bonuses. If she like you, she’ll give you more, if she hates you..

I just can’t understand what she wants and why she wanted to do that when she has everything, big house, big cars with hundreds of thousand in her account, and a husband who has a stable job. To some of you it may sound too stupid to be true, and it happens! How can she be so unfair to others who dedicated their life to the job only to found out in the end the money doesn’t belong to them?

I remembered a statement that my teacher, Miss Yeoh has given me when I was in form 3.
“This world is never fair, hence, only the strongest people will go through it. So don’t expect the world to pity you, they didn’t owe you anything.”

My father is one those who was able to got through the challenge. And I am very very proud of him. No matter what happen, I want to try my best to improve my family’s condition, from normal to better, then my father can quit his job and enjoy his life with my mama doing something he like. This is my promise.

No comments: