Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Contact Lenses..

3 more days to go before I go back to my lovely hometown in Sibu to attend my cousin’s wedding..Honestly I’m not totally prepared for it yet, mentally and physically. I even swore to myself that I want to look fit for the wedding and wear nice dress. Unfortunately my mouth can’t control itself and so do I. Haha, no one to blame actually. Besides that my skin tone has changed to worst due to driving lessons. Uneven skin tone on the arms..God!! How on earth can I wear a sleeveless dress with that!! Urgh!! But nevertheless I spend quite some money for the dress, and skin care products, not to mention bought my very first contact lens set!! Ya, first time in my life. Talking bout lens, just want to share a bit of my experience as a first timer training to use this weird thingy called contact lenses.

Me and my parents went to the International Optical at Mega Hotel, it is where I usually bought my spectacles for its affordable price and good service.

Me: “Good morning miss, I’m here to buy contact lenses.”

Sales girl: “ O, are you a first-time user or you ever use one before?”

Me: “ (Sambil control malu) Erm, ya, I want to try it for the first time”

Sales girl: “ O I see, miss do you mind wait for a while? Because it need some time, we will ask our optician to teach you how to use it ok?”

Me: “ O, ok sure..”

My sis: “ Erm, usually how much will it cost?”

Sales girl: “It is now affordable since there are a lot of brand in the market, such as Acuvue, the saline is also cheap, around RM 20, just up to you either you want it colored or not”

Few minutes later..

Sales girl: “Please come this way ya, we will teach you how to use it”

Eee, scared man..
I met the optician and he assists me in using the contact lenses but for trial I was given a blue contact lens 1st. Honestly, that thing really annoys me, huh.. Thought it was easy, never thought that thing almost make me cried..Haha, quite a pain inserting it in, and you know what? Blue contact lenses just don’t suit Asian’s like me..I look like a mutant instead of a human..Haha..

Several minutes later, I finally managed to insert it in and take it out without a hassle, I was then given some tips on how to clean and use lenses properly. Since it is something concerning the eyes, it is important to clean it in the most sterile way and use normal saline only, not tap water. The lens must also be cleaned with the fingers by rubbing it slowly in one-way direction to prevent from breaking. Wear only 8-10 hours to avoid it from drying. Actually, it must be handled with proper care to reduce the chance of getting infection. I try not to be too dependent on it and take it out only for certain occasions. Hehe, think that’s all for now..Adios!! :)

No comments: